If you’ve ever dreamed of having a strong relationship with your kids and a home filled with love, peace and understanding, then you’re in the right place.
The Military Wife and Mom is a place where you can come to find practical parenting resources and advice for ALL parents from all walks of life.
Whether it’s figuring out how to make kids listen, ending power struggles, taming tantrums, getting your kids to sleep through the night, or beyond, you can find exactly what you need here.
Practical parenting resources and advice.
Each week I hear from hundreds of readers, who share their top parenting struggles with me. I am humbled and honored that you are here, and to date, you are among over 6 million thriving parents who have visited this site for resources. And over 11,000 thriving parents who subscribe to my practical parenting community.
Free Practical Parenting Email Courses
I currently have 4 free practical parenting email courses that are available to my subscribers. You can learn more here or click the image below.
Free parenting printables.
I also have a library of 20+ parenting printables that are completely free for subscribers. The library was created to offer parents a series of quick parenting wins to achieve their parenting goals without having to read an endless stack of books.
- Listening hacks worksheet
- Teaching empathy worksheet
- End power struggles worksheet
Practical parenting advice for teaching kids to listen.
This is by far the biggest struggle I hear from parents, and in so many ways, I relate. In each of these posts, you will see a common theme: I struggle with teaching kids to listen as well.
From books to scientific research, I’ve learned so much along the way. These posts will offer you a starting place to help your kids want to listen–just because they love you. Yes.
- How to Make Kids Listen: 30 Genius Resources
- 2 Year-Old Not Listening? Try This Remarkable Tip
- 15 Awesome Listening Activities for Kids
- 10 Empowering Ways to Improve Toddler Listening
- 5 Genius Tricks to Try When Kids Won’t Follow Directions
Practical Parenting advice for parenting a strong willed child.
Parenting a strong willed child can send even the most patient parent into a spiral of frustration, anger and even yelling. These posts will give you the tools you need to balance the power between you and your strong willed child, while creating a peaceful home.
- 9 Magical Phrases to Use for Dealing With a Strong Willed Child
- 5 Highly Effective Tips for Parenting a Strong Willed Child
- 3 Things Every Parent of a Strong Willed Toddler Should Know
Practical parenting advice for ending power struggles
If may feel like you are often battling with your kids about everything. You say tomato, they say no way! These posts will help you build the connection and restore the power balance with your kids, helping you avoid and minimize power struggles altogether.
- The Parenting Tips You’re Missing to End Power Struggles
- 4 Ridiculously Easy Ways to End a Power Struggle With Your Child
- The Most Powerful Way to Respond to a Whining Child
- 4 Important Words to Help End Power Struggles
Practical parenting advice for taming tantrums
Tantrums happen for all sorts of reasons, but more than anything, tantrums are rarely about a single isolated event. Most tantrums are about a culmination of factors that build throughout the day or week. To learn the reasons behind tantrums and how to stop them, read these posts:
- The Tantrum Taming Tip Most Parents Don’t Know About
- 7 Genius Ways to Diffuse a Tantrum
- A New Approach to the Epic Toddler Meltdown
Practical Parenting advice for mealtimes.
Many parents struggle with picky eating and peaceful mealtimes. If you suspect a medical issue, talk to your pediatrician to make sure your child is healthy and developing normally. If you are struggling with typical picky eating, these posts can help your child learn to enjoy a variety of foods and take the mealtime stress off your shoulders.
- How to Get Kids to Listen at the Dinner Table Without Bribery
- The Day I Quit Dinner Time Battles
- How Much and What Should a Toddler Eat?
- 3 Must-Do Things When Your Kids Refuse Green Vegetables
Practical Parenting advice for sleep–baby and beyond.
Sleep: it is the coveted holy grail of parenting. Teaching kids sleep through the night and go to bed early is sometimes equated parenting black magic. After working with hundreds of parents, there are a few proven and simple strategies that can help you get sleep on the right track:
- One Simple Trick to Help Kids Fall Asleep Fast
- 3 Mom Tricks to Help Kids Stay in Bed
- The Real Reason Why Kids Never Want to Go to Sleep
- 7 Parenting Hacks for an Easier Bedtime With Kids
And just for babies…
- Top 10 Newborn Baby Sleep Tips to Help You Get More Sleep
- 8 Infant Sleep Facts Every Parent Should Know
- How to Get Baby to Take Longer Naps
With that said…I found that parents wanted and needed more than just a few blog posts to solve their kids’ sleep challenges.
Right now, I am currently offering a Free 3-Day Baby Sleep eCourse and a Free Printable Sleep Schedule to my readers. Just Click Here to Sign Up
Practical parenting advice on teaching kids empathy
Empathy is at the core of practical parenting. You can consider it your most useful and multipurpose tool to solve most parenting problems. Whether it is teaching your child empathy or using empathy to parent your child, know this: I’ve seen countless challenging situations do a complete 180 degree turn just by using this one tool.
- 4 Surprising Reasons Empathy Doesn’t Work
- The Magic Tip That Teaches Kids to Be Kind
- How Empathy Will Transform Your Child’s Most Difficult Behavior
Practical parenting advice on toddlers and babies.
Parenting when bringing a new sibling into the family is a huge change. Older siblings start to act out, as you adjust to parenting an additional child. Meeting the competing demands of multiple children can feel overwhelming and chaotic.
- How to Help a Toddler Adjust to a New Baby
- Preparing for a Baby? 10 Simple Ideas to Try
- Top 7 Challenges and Solutions for Parenting a Baby and Toddler
- How to Cope With Pregnancy Fatigue When Caring for a Toddler
Practical parenting advice on toddler boys
I hate to dive into the gender debate because I try to keep things as neutral as possible around here. Yet, these post resonate with so many parents of boys, it’s important to share them here.
- What No One Tells You About Parenting Toddler Boys
- 4 Awesome Parenting Strategies for Parenting Toddler Boys
Parenting books you’ll love.
I’ve read A LOT of parenting books. I love taking practical bits and pieces from each book and molding them into my own parenting style. There are many popular parenting books out there, but here are my favorites that you may not of heard about before. I highly recommend these to all parents: