A 4th of July scavenger hunt for kids is the perfect way to have fun while learning a bit about our nations independence too! When I was a kid, 4th of July was a special time of year. We would travel up north for the weekend at the lake, play fun games, barbeque, and enjoy fireworks from the pier. It was a special time for our family to really spend time together.
Fireworks, picnics, barbeques, concerts, and parades are a few things about the 4th of July you may already enjoy as well. Why not add in the fun of a scavenger hunt for kids this year?
Here are a few random facts about the 4th of July:
- Interestingly, and perhaps eerily, both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, the only signers of the Declaration of Independence to later to serve as US presidents, both died on July 4, 1826, which was also the 50th anniversary of the Declaration. Strange coincidence?
- The legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from Great Britain actually occurred on July 2, 1776, declaring the United States independent from Great Britain.
- The much publicized Declaration of Independence is dated July 4, 1776, which is why American’s celebrate July 4th rather than July 2nd.
Here’s how to play the 4th of July Scavenger Hunt for Kids:
- Download and print the Scavenger Hunt and Clue Cards.
- Cut the clue cards along the dotted lines and hide around the house or outside (For added fun: write a hint on the back of each clue cards as to the location of another clue card.)
- Using the scavenger hunt sheet, have the kids find the clues and match the answers to each question.
- The first one to answer all the questions correctly wins!
You can pin the images for later or you can click the links to download and print the scavenger hunt and accompanying clue cards today.
Download and print the Fourth of July Scavenger Hunt
Download and print the Fourth of July Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards
Have a great 4th of July this year!
You may also enjoy these posts…
- 75 Awesome Military Care Package Ideas
- Simple Ways Kids Can Thank a Veteran
- How to Create the Perfect Military Care Package
What is your favorite way to spend the 4th of July? Let’s chat in the comments!